Friday, October 03, 2003

Fill up the tub
Along with getting geeked about baseball again, the hockey switch started turning on, although a lot of it had to with the first ever sale at Distant Replays where I snagged this and this for $35 each. And I could've loaded up even more on jerseys or retro hats, but I did have to pace myself a little bit.

Unfortunately, I was also thinking about the ice because of Dany Heatley's scary car wreck just a couple of miles up the street from my apartment. As chilling as it was to me when I heard it on the radio the morning after, it was worse for ThrasherGirl, who was working the hockey beat that evening and whose two favorite players are Heatley and Snyder.

I can't figure out how he could go 80 in that stretch of road, even in a Ferrari. It's a narrow, winding, hilly two-lane road with a few plates in the road. I struggle to get old Camry to 40 or 45 through that part of the road.

But out of all the wild things coming out of that story, I'm not sure anything can top the fact that Sanjay Gupta performed the surgery on Snyder.

No comments: