Saturday, August 14, 2004

Dot, dot, dot
-- Hmm, given JD's penchant for inadvertently predicting death for celebrities by writing questions about them, maybe it's not a surprise that Julia Child passed on just days after we saw her kitchen exhibit at the Smithsonian.
-- I think my level of interest in the Athens Olympics will be way below Atlanta, when I couldn't help be immersed in it, and Sydney, where the time zone differences and other responsibilities kept me way off kilter. However, it's going to throw me all off if I have to rely solely on NBC's coverage for the marquee events. I understand needing tape delay to show things to a mass audience, but working in a 24/7 news environment, it throws you off when you know what's going to happen (and need to know it happened) hours before it becomes "reality" for the American audience.
-- The fencing outfits look more like stuff from this movie.
-- I wish I knew my Greek alphabet so I could figure out when every country came out. However, I'm still wondering why NBC treated the parade of nations like a live event when it was taped hours ago ("Here are the countries who marched while we were on commercial.). With that said, it looked like NBC did try to fit in all of the countries in the parade.

No comments: