Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A couple more thoughts from the Texas trip
-- Is the radio industry slowly replacing Power, Lite, Kiss and the letter-number combo in favor of real names (much like pro wrestling biting the bullet and naming the characters their actual names)? I've already lauded the new Dave FM here in Atlanta (and there's a similarly named station in Canada as well).

In Dallas, I stumbled across Jack FM, which is even more eclectic than Dave FM. It seems even more like a CD collection or iPod on shuffle. While driving around Friday, I heard the incongruous 1-2 punch of Lita Ford's Kiss Me Deadly and ABBA's Mamma Mia. And, yes, there was some Led Zeppelin on the station later, so the station could be mistaken for KFSL -- Fossil 103 since it does play "Classic hits from Abba to Zeppelin, comma, Led."

Somewhat fitting, I heard White Wedding on that station after the wedding Saturday, but just before that I heard this '90s classic. Yup, this is definitely someone's iPod on shuffle.

-- Coincidentally, I noticed a couple of people from my flight out Friday morning who were also on my return trip Sunday morning. It wasn't hard to pick them out since they wore the same clothes on both legs of the trip. And those clothes easily identified who they were. They happened to be these guys celebrating their 25th anniversary. However, I have no idea if they stayed at a Holiday Inn while they were in the Metroplex.

No comments: