Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Random thoughts

As I told my brother before the ALCS started, it was going to be a smackdown and it was going to go seven games, although obviously I didn't think it would reach seven this way. But this should be fun, and given the way most of these games have played out lately, we'll be leaving the office about the time the morning crew gets in on Thursday.

And speaking of the Boston-New York corridor, it's ixnay on Bristol. Oh well. Doesn't mean I won't stop trying up there.

Despite the baseball playoffs going on, I've actually tried to have some sort of life, sorta. I ended up at autograph sessions for both Alton Brown and George Carlin, although Alton drew a larger crowd but a 7 p.m. vs. a 12:30 p.m. start has a lot to do with it, I'm sure. But it does say something that it took me more than two hours to get Alton's autograph (and I got there early) while I got to Carlin's signing a few minutes late and only had to wait about 20 minutes.

No comments: