Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Travels with JQ
I guess I'm blogging on the road (actually, just at my parents' house). So while I'm on vacation from my regular job, what do I do within hours of landing in New Jersey? Go to a Mets game (and the third time seeing the Pirates this season -- in three different parks) with some visiting relatives. It was kinda neat because they were celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Beatles playing at Shea. So there were Beatles tunes and trivia in between innings, plus taped messages from Ringo and Paul. And of course, there was a tribute band playing before the game, although it was loud enough to drown out the passing planes.

And on a very loose tangent, I'm now catching the late-night repeat of the $40 a Day episode in Chattanooga featuring a ton of places I've never seen or even heard of. Then again, I don't think I've ever done the tourist stuff yet in the city despite my many trips up there. Besides, I wonder how Rachael Ray would handle the usual meal trips during a UTC tournament -- something tells me Provino's wasn't close to being on her list. (Although it looks like Charlie's influence may have even reached that show with a little trivia work thrown in one during one of the stops).

No comments: