Monday, November 07, 2005

Congratulations to Steve and Melissa on their wedding over the weekend. It was a very nice ceremony, and I was thrilled to see plenty of old faces once again -- really felt like college all over again.

The wedding took me up to East Lansing, where I hadn't been since my last official quizbowl tournament representing Northwestern back in 1997. Ironically, Steve was one of my teammates that weekend -- and it would be years before he met Melissa and then eventually get married (dot-com).

Nice enough college town, although even the allure of cheap clothing at Steve and Barry's could get me to buy some MSU gear. However, I did get to see a very good Spartans hockey game after some crossed signals with other wedding plans during the weekend. When the hockey arena is just a short walk from the hotel, it's hard not to pass it up.

No comments: