Monday, February 27, 2006

Now that the Olympics are finally done, I guess the focus turns to college hoops (although the World Baseball Classic will be intriguing, to say the least). So tell me why the ESPN juggernaut is showing Duke-UNC on three different channels with different cameras, including one just on the Cameron Crazies?

Speaking of Duke, Mark Bradley of the AJC put J.J. Redick at No. 15 of his top 20 players in ACC history. There's not much I can offer here, so I'll leave the floor open for some of the other college hoops junkies to sound off.

But before then, one last note about the Tar Heel state (or at least one of its former residents) ... Ben Folds' "Landed" has found its way onto ads for Hilton Journeys. It threw me off as I saw the ad tonight, and it's also the song constantly playing on the main screen.

I suppose of all his more well-known songs (with or without the Five), it probably lent itself best for use in commercials -- although the thought of a few of them to sell stuff (maybe "Army" to sell Chik-Fil-A) is intriguing.

No comments: