Monday, March 26, 2007

Red means stop ... really

So I went to this place for my birthday, which was pretty good, considering I hadn't done the Brazilian steakhouse thing in a while. And given the amount of meat coming through, it's good to do only occasionally.

While it's nice to see places like this pop up in the suburbs, I can't help but wonder how over-hip they wanted to make this place. It's one thing to do the rodizio thing and leave it at that, but there's also a sushi bar plus an ornate drink menu and club-like feel to that place. It's a weird mishmash of all the "cool" restaurant/nightlife ideas at once. Strange.

And while the food was good, I know that when you flip the card from green to red, the servers are supposed to stop coming by. But I guess recognizing colors wasn't their greatest skill. It's not a good sign when someone is trying to foist more meat on you with the napkin thrown on the table like a white flag.

Meanwhile, over in the city, Peyton Manning turned in a pretty solid performance for SNL, all things considered. And yes, the United Way piece was the best part of it. Surprisingly, old #18 cussed a bit more than I might've expected, and do NFL QBs on the show have to go without pants for at least one skit?

No comments: