Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar night follow-up

For what it's worth, the NASCAR race restarted Monday afternoon, so I was still able to see that at work. However, it looks like Oscars ratings took a huge tumble, although I'm not surprised given the best picture nominees. It's tough to figure out where mainstream success, critical praise and pseudo-artsy snobbery meet, if at all, but I suppose this wasn't one of those years.

Meanwhile, I realized that Brad Renfro was left off the Oscars obit reel. His death was overshadowed by Heath Ledger's, but it still fit the time period, and Renfro did appear in enough notable movies to merit a mention.

1 comment:

Flax said...

I was wondering about this - is it possible that only Academy members can make that reel? Because I would doubt highly that Renfro was one. That's the only obvious explanation to me.