Monday, September 09, 2002

One heck of a first weekend for the NFL, even if it was spoiled a little bit by that ridiculous opening ceremony concert, etc. in New York. I wonder if I really think having DirecTV and Sunday Ticket is worht my time since I'm already flipping like mad between the two games going on, never mind the 8-10 early games at once. Besides, it's better to have all of the numbers in front of me, no matter how slow the Web sites were updating them early (still hard to simulate so many people logging in to check box scores for fantasy purposes).

I won't bore everyone with all of my fantasy teams, but I will say it seemed fortuitous that I have Charlie Garner and Marty Booker on a bunch of them.

And in between it all, it was fun watching Agassi and Sampras slug it out again in the U.S. Open finals. For some reason, that match was more compelling coming in, no matter how many times they faced each other, compared to the Williams sister final, which is actually becoming very repetitive with four of the last Slam finals being the two.

No comments: