Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Call out, Tattoo!
It's always interesting to read what amounts to primer articles on fantasy sports, given that it's my job and that a lot of my friends have been playing it even longer than I have. Still, it's nice to see it get somewhat positive attention, or even less than positive as Frank Deford notes.

A couple of things regarding this, though. For all of you who think I've got the greatest job in the world, think again. It's a job. I deal with lots of issues that any job would entail -- office politics, bickering, dealing with odd people, up and down work conditions, etc. And oh yeah, I become a de facto customer service/tech support person, which is not fun if that's not officially your job. Sadly enough, that Gateway ad featuring the actress who plays Frau in the Austin Powers movies as a phone operator seems similar to me. I hate to give people the runaround, but it gets annoying when you're the alleged "expert" because you're sorta the person connected with the project but yet not directly connected to the information people need. I do respect the people who can work customer service desks/call lines/etc., especially given what complaints they'll have to hear. The saying goes, "The customer is always right" but that doesn't mean, "The customer can be an asshole because of that."

No comments: