Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Might as well post something here while I keep on playing with the sidebar.

A couple of Grammy notes ...
I didn't see much of the ceremony, although I thought I felt my ears bleed when I heard 'N Sync perform the Bee Gees at the bar I was at. Thankfully I got vindicated later when they did a Clash tribute with Bruce Springsteen, Steven Van Zandt (still can't believe that's Silvio), Elvis Costello and Dave Grohl. Good stuff.

I like "Don't Know Why," although it took a little longer than I expected to get it drilled in my head via radio. I guess a bunch of stations couldn't figure out what to do with it for a while, then realized it's pop music and could run with it. Much like Star94 caving in to play "Lose Yourself."

And I'm with Mark in ripping Sports Guy's Grammy diary for all the factual errors. I wonder if Simmons is becoming like some of our guys in not editing obvious mistakes because he's becoming a prima donna. Maybe this is why he hasn't done much music talk in the past.

No comments: