Monday, February 02, 2004

Phil Simms' favorite show
Yeah, the Super Bowl announcing crew probably cringed at all the promos they had to do for Survivor All-Stars, but it was a ton of fun as expected. It helps when you're already familiar with the characters, and Mark Burnett got the right mix of winners, entertaining characters and eye candy.

It's all so familiar (to at least reasonably regular watchers of the show) that you can't help but see how it will all unfold. It's fantasy or fan fiction Survivor come to life. And it's damn entertaining to get them all shaken up. Of course why all of these people wanted to do it again is beyond me. Some of them already have pseudo-careers based of the show, but hey, if they want to move the clock back to 14:45, more power to them.

I'm surprised that the Thailand show only produced Shii Ann, but hey, there's some diversity! Then again, I'm glad to see a bunch from the Australian one since that's the one I followed the most closely. I think the only one I didn't see on the cast who might not have been considered was Kelly from Africa, but I guess you can only have so many psycho women, and Jerri perfected it first.

And I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the past winners would be targeted first. At least I was right in thinking that Tina wouldn't have a long stay. Being nice can only go so far the second time around.

No comments: