Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Game show geekery
Yes, folks, it's time to play the Millionaire phone game yet again. I whiffed tonight by inverting my answers on a question. I went to oldest to youngest, instead of vice versa, probably still thinking how we sealed up first place at team trivia tonight. I'll be back trying to add my name to the list of friends who have been on the show.

In other game show news, I'm actually fascinated by the Jeopardy! Power Players week, featuring high profile political folks and journalists. I'm actually caring about the DC power culture again, if just for a few days and with the help of Alex "Damn You" Trebek. The Washington Post has a good preview of it, thankfully devoid of most spoilers.

Today's episode featured a very stiff Bob Woodward, who got outbuzzed on two clues directly related to him, plus a couple of feisty righties in Peggy Noonan and Tucker "You got a problem with the bow tie?" Carlson.

Here's the rest of the week's schedule:
Tuesday: Anderson Cooper, Maria Bartiromo, Kweisi Mfume
Wednesday: Ari Fleischer, Ashleigh Banfield, Aaron Brown
Thursday: Al Franken, Gretchen Carlson (CBS's "Early Show"), Keith Olbermann
Friday: Tavis Smiley, Christine Todd Whitman, Tim Russert

No comments: