Monday, February 14, 2005

Just wondering ... Is being anti-romantic on Valentine's Day so hip that it's unhip? Three of the stations I listen to here in town had their lunch hours dedicated to being against the sentiment of the day -- at least two of them played this song (meaning that for at least one day out of the year, there really is another J. Geils Band single not about photography).

I thought it was a bit of overkill, then I turned on VH-1 Classic and saw that Brian McKnight was playing the Casey Kasem role of running video dedications. And some of the other stations were laying on the romance pretty think. Finally, I realized that some of the stations I usually tune into have a heavily male demographic, while some of the others are targeted toward women; hence the difference in tone today.

No comments: