Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happier, trashier thoughts

Sorry for the two straight celebrity death posts. It just happens that way at times. However, I get another trash tournament title, teaming up with J-Kel, Adam Fine and last-second addition Tim Young (thanks to a well-timed phone call Saturday night) to win Maryland's event. If you're looking through stats, I'm Yuniesky.

The questions were relatively solid (must speak in general terms with the material still in play next week), although for an event aimed at a younger crowd, it still seemed to favor our group more than we expected. It did make for a couple of shootouts, and some insane combined total scores (690 out of 800 in one game).

My neg total was a bit high, although at least a couple of times I had the answer in my head but my mouth changed a last name. Given the way things went, I could play a little looser without causing much of a disturbance. But I think I still have the fastball, so I'll really have to find another tournament this summer.

The whole little experience was fun as I got to add yet two more teammates to the growing list of players over the years, plus catching up with some old friends once again along the way.

No comments: