Sunday, June 17, 2007

Throwing off the curve

Forgot to mention that I easily passed my Millionaire audition on Monday. The whole process surprisingly only took about 25 minutes, not including waiting outside the ABC cafeteria door. While I had some nice people at my table, including one of the eight or so people of the 60 who passed, I had a good feeling that I could've easily went on to the next round if the Scantron-scored tests were graded on a curve. Still, I had to hold my breath as I was the last of eight or so called out of the 60 taking the test to pass.

(Oh yeah, the test was 30 multiple-choice questions that seemed to ask more pop cultural stuff than academic stuff. I felt it was a breeze, but that's just me, obviously. After hanging around with a bunch of trivia and game show junkies, this was just a perfunctory part of getting to the second level of the quiz show casting process.)

Afterward was a quick Polaroid session followed by what seemed to be a version of speed dating as I talked with one of the young and relatively attractive PAs who at least was energetic enough to make me feel like I've got a shot at being in the audience pool. It definitely is a different experience compared to Jeopardy!, especially with the fact that you can try out multiple times in a year. Who knows what will happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. You had a PA who didn't leave an impression that he was on crack or that you had no shot of making the pool before you even opened your mouth! That's lucky! I hope you make it to the show.