Friday, July 06, 2007

Karma Ticketmaster

So after the sunburned experience on Saturday, I redeemed myself by going back to Yankee Stadium on Tuesday with the office tickets. However, it was a weird shuffle that saw me and a fellow co-worker giving our original tickets to another one of our cubicle-mates so she could go with her family and then getting another set from someone else. Hard to figure out, but instead of the $10 face value bleacher seats, I had a $125 face value ticket just behind first base.

The game itself was a lot better, and the celebrity factor was also amusing. For the second straight time I've gotten company seats to a game, I've seen this guy at the game, and for added bonus, we got one of his co-stars. But the real star of the night was everyone's favorite former Cincinnati mayor, who was a couple of sections over and was mobbed by people wanting to take pictures with him when he tried to leave in the eighth inning.

And as for July 4th, I got a sort of an obstructed view of the East River fireworks from my friend's place on Roosevelt Island. We could've gotten a better view, but we weren't willing to pay $18 to see it from the park on the south end of the island. Still, I was impressed by the layout of the whole island -- a weird slice of suburbia in between Manhattan and Queens.

No comments: