Saturday, November 30, 2002

While Steve goes London blogging, I'm coming from a less exotic locale -- New Jersey. This after spending the past couple of days in Boston. But hey, I'm traveling somewhere like most other people this holiday, right?

Thanksgiving was very low-key and quiet, which is just fine by me. The family all converged on my brother's place in Boston for the typical turkey/football/decompressing that's normal at this time of year. The only wrinkle to this was early morning travel travails since I took a 6:45 a.m. flight out of Atlanta -- meaning waking up waaaay too early to catch a cab (too early to take my chances with MARTA) and being up reasonably late the night before. One thing that I think helped things move along well at the airport (other than checking in about 5 a.m.) is that Delta really ramped up the use of self-serve check-in kiosks at Hartsfield. One desk person can probably handle about four kiosks at once, and only if they need to help check in bags. It makes those lines move nice and fast.

No comments: