Friday, December 27, 2002

Belated Christmas blogging
Finally back on this thing after a long hiatus thanks to being alternately lazy and busy. Yup, all the requisite Christmas stuff was done -- cards, presents, even getting a tree (albeit an $8 thing from CVS with its own set of ornaments). However, this Christmas was a bit strange on a number of levels:
-- For one, most of the "real" celebration won't be done until Sunday when I head up to New Jersey to visit the family. (The gifts will be waiting for me, which is fine by me.)
-- Second, other than a great dinner at Casa Groce on Christmas Eve, it very much seemed like any other week at work -- except it was extraordinarily busy because just about everybody else in the office was off, leaving just a few of us to handle a lot of stuff that didn't seem to let up even though it was Christmas. And the work isn't going to let up until I'm on that plane to Newark on Sunday afternoon.
-- Finally, despite all the different Christmas media out there, I don't think I was immersed in it as much I used to be. The fact that one of the stations down here started playing Christmas music in mid-November turned me off to most of that, even when it seemed appropriate. Plus, I think I'm struggling to find choices for a second Christmas mix CD, so I guess I've given up trying to listen to the stuff more than I have to. Also, other than the great Charlie Brown Christmas, I missed most of the TV specials, although I'm mad I didn't stay the whole way through for a couple of the Rankin-Bass specials. But so it goes.

No comments: