Thursday, April 24, 2003

I'll take swords for $400. ... Uh, it's actually not "Swords."
I am now 1-for-3 in taking the Jeopardy test after whiffing badly today. In fact, I think I've done progressively worse each time I take it. Years of surprisingly necessary sports knowledge (for work, mind you) plus lots of pop culture stuff from all the TRASH/trash competitions seems to have pushed the academic knowledge out of my brain. I was toast within the first few questions after not knowing the first one and not pulling a Canada one until well after the test was over. However, I did ace all the pop culture questions, everything else was a crap shoot. For what it's worth, only five or six out of the 60 in my room passed the test.

I don't really have many more stories about the tryout. It was at a hotel down the street from work; however, thanks to the layoffs and other scheduling quirks, we were at a bare bones level of staffing this afternoon, and I had to handle just about every section anyone really wants to read. I was dealing with a bunch of NFL Draft stuff at just the time I needed to leave. However, I can't blame my performance on having to worry about things at work. I just didn't know my stuff.

No comments: