Sunday, June 29, 2003

At the movies...
I've been meaning to catch more of the summer blockbusters, especially with the way my schedule works out these days, but for reasons that don't even make sense to me, I've only hit The Matrix: The Search for More Money and Charlie's Angels: Even more T&A. Neither was all that impressive, but entertaining enough for a matinee. In fact, it took me about a month to even mention Reloaded.

It took me a few viewings to really get into The Matrix, so maybe that's the way Reloaded could be. Or not. I got numbed by the action sequences and the Zion stuff literally put me to sleep. I think I'd be more entertained by this abridged version.

As for Angels (which I did see today), it was a lot of everything: amazingly hokey action scenes made to look The Matrix, silly jokes, cameos out the wazoo, cool pop music, McG's bright colors, stars in tight or little clothing, Demi Moore overacting (but from the way she looked, she was using her powers for awesome), fluff, etc. Entertaining for sure but nothing else beyond that.

No comments: