Sunday, June 29, 2003

Making up for lost time
I think I've finally finished my collection of watching all of VH-1's I Love the '80s this weekend thanks to some double, triple, and quadruple shots the past couple of days. It's one of the most addicting things out there, so obviously the music network that has no idea what it's doing is already jumping into overkill mode by unleashing I Love the '70s later this summer. Unfortunately, I just can't see most of the people they used for the '80s series coming up with as many great barbs for the '70s, given most of them were too young to really connect with much of the decade. I loved Rhino's '70s boxed set a few years back, but turning into a TV series probably won't work. And of course, can I Love the '90s be next? If so, The Onion gives us fair warning.

No comments: