Thursday, September 11, 2003

Exhibit A against marriage
Merge The Osbournes and The Anna Nicole Show and you've got MTV's Newlyweds, the latest on my list of must-see (well, sorta) shows. It's a train wreck on many levels, and you've got to wonder at what point the cameras will be headed for some divorce lawyer's office.

There are few things I've picked up so far:
--I didn't realize Nick Lachey still had a music career. It seems like only the N'Sync guys could find work after the boy-band thing blew over. Then again, I think he's doing a good job of cashing in on the fact that he is married to Jessica Simpson.
--As much as I thought Nick was a prick on I Love the '70s, I think I know now why he is that way. He's got some weird Faustian deal going with this marriage -- get a hot wife who can improve your star power but deal with all the trappings of a married life.
--How many stereotypes of dumb, rich blondes can she fulfill in one shot? From the infamous "Chicken by the Sea" comment to the $750 for two sets of lingerie (including exasperated phone call to hubby at lunch with his dancers), you'd think she came out of central casting, or at least the grotto.
--Her extreme jealousy over Nick's dancers is hilarious. Her cattiness over women who are nowhere in her league provides for plenty of entertainment value.
--I wonder what she'd look like if applied the Shallow Hal treatment?
--Don't bring a spoiled clueless girl to the golf course. Then again, the "my boobs get in the way" remark as she tried to hit the ball was a gem.

No comments: