Monday, December 08, 2003

You take the good, you take the bad ...
The annual Trashmasters trip was fun as usual since it's one of the few times to see everyone while only having to worry about playing and not running a tournament. My team finished third, losing only to the first- and second-place teams, going a total of 12-3 (if you count the playoff match). The questions were solid, save one packet written by a very inexperienced team, and the competition was superb (it was great to see some of the West Coast folks come out to do a dry run before TRASHionals).

I had my moments playing, but I think I may have been a step slow on the buzzer, but maybe that's because I've got JD as a teammate. That may have cost me in my unsuccessful defense of the K-Tel Hell crown as well. Still, I finished tied for ninth with DEK, so that has to count for something.

One plus about having everyone in town is that it's a good excuse to take people out to eat, and I made sure to show everyone the wonder that is Ted's Montana Grill. I think everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and thankfully most were daring enough to try the bison.

Speaking of Ted, maybe it's a good thing he's worried more about bison burgers than CNN. We've got a staff meeting coming up in the morning, and well, it doesn't sound good. We're hearing rumors of different things, but my usual line about my long tenure at work, "They haven't found a way to get rid of me," may not be true soon. Who knows, though? If anything, it will make my co-worker's annual holiday party this weekend a lot more interesting. I suppose it should be a Festivus party at this point. We'll definitely have the airing of grievances.

No comments: