Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Does Tony grade on a curve?
Unfortunately, I am addicted to Dream Job, mainly because it's one of the few things really worth watching at that point on Sunday night at work. It's getting slightly better, although I feel like I'm watching a broadcast journalism class in action, and is that really a good thing?

This week's Al Jaffe's sports quiz was good, although I was disappointed how poorly everyone did. Then again, I suppose your brain could go blank on national TV, although I feel like you could get some of us out there and blow away the field.

So we're down to the final four, and I guess it proves that youth rules on the show. All four finalists are in their 20s, with Shaggy being the oldest at 28. I think he's the guy to beat, primarily because the fans determine the winner instead of working with the panelists. So yes, it's a lot like American Idol. He's got the cool look, the "attitude" and the knowledge to win over the crowd.

Stanford Asian Guy is probably the most suited to the role, but I think he's too plastic to win over the crowd. Mizzou Boy is the classic "fly under the radar" reality show contestant. He's good enough not to get voted off, but he's not good enough to win it all. Look for him (and Aaron for that matter) and a low 100 market in a couple of years. Ivy League/Chicago girl seems like a fun girl to hang out with, although she's a bit of a spaz even for my tastes.

No comments: