Monday, November 15, 2004

I guess it's time to play catch up, no? It's been busy here at work with everyone leaving and my subsequent promotion by attrition. Plus, I had to finish off regionals questions, which is why entries had been sparse -- no need to link/mention stuff I know I'll be writing about.

Indecision 2004
On the other hand, I've kept my reflections on the election to discussions with certain people, it just made sense to me that way. Yeah, I voted for the other guy, but I'm more than accepting of what happened; besides, I split my ticket. And voting was easy here -- that's what happens when you go to the polls at 2 in the afternoon.

Fore!

More exciting to me was going to see the second round of the Tour Championship, which was just a few minutes away from me. I followed Mickelson and Garcia for most of the day, including watching Mickelson nail an eagle from the fairway on the first hole. (He then went 4-over the rest of the day.) I saw most of the field at some point during the day, including Tiger, obviously, but I was most amused by Darren Clarke, who was puffing away on a cigar while waiting to take a shot.

East Lake is a really nice, simple, old course, with many of the holes close together so you can take in much of the action at numerous holes without much effort. It's an interesting transportation situation, though, as I had to park at Turner Field and then take a bus (a nice touring coach, not a MARTA one) to the course. Going to the club, you pass some nice houses and the rebuilt areas nearby. On the way back, you pass through the 'hood.

Let's get quizzical
Regionals went over well, and we nearly used up all the packets in Athens, if not for some inevitable delays that forced us to close up when the building did. I've seen reports from a number of different blogs, so it's good to see questions went over reasonably well.

Bird is the word
Went to the Falcons-Bucs game today -- decent atmosphere at least early on, but it seemed to dissipate after Atlanta took a 17-0 lead. It is fun seeing some wild Michael Vick plays in person, although you're never sure if it will be something exciting, or a 10-yard sack. Saw a bit of both.

No comments: