Thursday, November 25, 2004

Who needs tryptophan?
I'm in here on a smaller turkey day shift, although that meant having to spend most of my time watching this snoozer in the office. Thankfully there was some stuff to work on and a little KenJen to watch during the fiasco.

-- As for reactions to other things going on, just like the Janet Jackson incident, I actually didn't see the Terrell Owens skit when it aired. I was playing Madden, which includes some ridiculously drawn cheerleaders, to stay with the topic. I wasn't too shocked or outraged about it, but if you've got kids, I suppose you'd have some issues with it. (On the other hand, I might've been more intrigued by the skit had they used Eva Longoria instead of Nicolette Sheridan, but that's just me.)

-- As for the Malice in the Palace, I did see that at work and that was wild all the way through. But even though it involved Ron Artest, you've got to wonder about the punishment had it not been the ESPN game of the week. Even though the Fox Sports Detroit affiliate also had tape, it might've been much harder to get a Zapruder-like coverage if it was just some local cable game. Other incidents have happened before, but few during an ESPN game, with all the talking heads ready to pounce.

-- I got an interesting e-mail through my fantasy mailbag about a convergence of quizbowl and the media. While it may or may not happen, I did happen to come across this decent Web site, which is really worth reading.

-- Trashmasters is coming up next week, and it's another loaded field, as usual. It should be fun seeing everyone. That's also why some of the entries are short, nonexistent, etc. -- no need to play my hand and/or give regular readers an edge since a lot of stuff comes from whatever interests me at the time (and possibly would be linked here).

-- It's a bad time to be a Mizzou fan, what with the problems with the football and basketball team, not to mention the namesake of the new arena getting charged with outsourcing her homework.

-- I know John Madden would give out those turkey legs years ago, but why are both networks trying to continue the tradition with special Thanksgiving awards when it seems like the announcers are constantly mocking it throughout the show?

No comments: