Sunday, December 12, 2004

Ad watch
Since I don't have a TiVo or similar device yet, not to mention that we don't have any at the office, I actually do subject myself to a lot of ads. Surprisingly, there are a few that are worth watching (or at least you don't mind getting drilled into your head from constant viewing):
-- I only caught it during the Jets-Steelers coverage (and not on any other NFL game Sunday), but the NFL Network just rose to the top of my list for using this most appropriate song featuring footage of just quarterbacks.
-- Not surprisingly, Office Max has a special site for its Rankin-Bass-inspired Rubberband Man holiday commercials. That's how you do the holiday ads right, unlike the Old Navy ones where you just want to smack those carolers.
-- Peyton Manning plays a pretty good goof at cheering on guys at regular jobs. "Cut that meat!" is now burned into my brain. But how do you play fantasy accounting?

No comments: