Monday, December 13, 2004

More snarkolepsy
What does it say about the VH-1 talking head and countdown shows that there's the 20 Most Awesomely Bad Songs of 2004 before I've seen any Top 20/50/100 countdown of the best songs of the year. And am I so out of it that tuning into the second half of the show that I only recognized about half of the songs?

Plus, what exactly merits you to be on one of these shows? Descriptors such as "writer/comedian" are a bit suspicious to begin with, but at least there's some facade of being in the entertainment industry, which is what's needed for these shows. But when one guy is listed as "writer/editor," well, dude, you might as well just get me to crack wise since that's my job. At least put a fake name for a magazine or blog, for crissakes. Otherwise, you'll be overrun with tons of young'uns at magazines throughout New York begging to get on the show.

No comments: