Sunday, May 01, 2005

600 and 14
Sure, the runaway bride story may have been a bit overdone, but that's what happens when you're dealing with a society-page type wedding. I'm not sure there will be 14 combined bridesmaids or groomsmen in the multitude of weddings I have attended or will go to over the past year. Still, at least we can have a bit more fun with it now.

That's where my local alt-rock station comes in. My favorite Sunday morning show went thematic to close out the show, playing these songs in honor of this week's events:

Nellie Mckay: I Wanna Get Married
Liz Phair: Polyester Bride
Collective Soul: Run
Jack Johnson: Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Dave Matthews Band: Where Are You Going
R.E.M.: All the Way to Reno
Bethany Joy Lenz: If You're Missing (Come On Home)
Sheryl Crow: Leaving Las Vegas
Fiona Apple: Criminal
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds: People Just Ain't No Good

Who says regular radio is a complete waste of time? Besides, it's offering me a chance to sit in on a private Shins concert next week.

No comments: