Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Get the 'F' out ...
Got to see yet another Monday Night Raw show at Philips Arena, my first live event since changing the name to WWE. It definitely didn't have the "Oh my god" moment like the last time I went, when the ECW guys came onto the scene, but it had its moments -- although the Ric Flair-Vince McMahon match was somewhat anticlimactic. The good thing about it was giving a push to Brock Lesnar, who ran in at the end of the match to give Vinny Mac the win.

Shawn Michaels had an OK interview back, and we now have an official face turn by Booker T after he got kicked out the NWO, which shouldn't have happened to begin with. Too much down time altogether, and the action was pretty average, plus no Stone Cold. We did have great seats, though (first row of seats behind the hockey boards at one corner of the ring). There was much amusement with a Goldberg lookalike (musclebound guy with a bald head and goatee).

I've been to better shows, but this was OK since I went with my brother and a former co-worker who's just as rabid a wrestling fan as I.

No comments: