Thursday, August 21, 2003

Nostalgia gone bad
Yes, I'm hooked on I Love the '70s, even though I was born midway through the decade and only remember bits and pieces of living during the decade. Yet somehow I remember much of the stuff being featured on the show, despite the fact that some of it came out before I was born. I suppose it was fun (and convenient) to bring back guys like Michael Ian Black, Hal Sparks, Mo Rocca and Rich Eisen, but these guys are only a few years older than me, so how could they have that much interesting or relevant to say based on actual experiences at the time. As long as you can crack wise, I guess it doesn't really matter if you could barely remember a Pet Rock or leisure suits. I'm sure I'll have more once I see the episodes on years while I've been alive.

However, the biggest thing to disturb me so far is the dueling hairstyles on Michael Ian Black. I guess he's on so much, that they needed him for at least two sittings and thus the two hairdos. Not even the best of editors can get over that lack of continuity.

No comments: