Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Snarkolepsy
I'm home in New Jersey for the week, and right now I've slept probably a total of three hours the past couple of days. Since I didn't get home until about 3 a.m. and a 9:30 a.m. flight the next morning (plus the potential security hassles getting there), I figured I'd just stay up, play NCAA Football 2005 and just chill out before going to the airport. It's actually worked out well, since I got my requisite sleep on the plane and a little nap when I got in.

I'll have a little more on the trip once I figure out what the heck I'll be doing.

I'm also eventually going to have my Ken Jennings column, but for now, Cooch has his solid column on the phenomenon, with just a little peek into the quizbowl world from which he came.

Also, the New York Times seemed to get a bit overintellectual with its review of Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, but it's a solid read nonetheless. However, Scott also suffers a bit from Ebert-itis in misidentifying one of the corporate drones from early in the movie. It is in fact Ethan Embry playing a corporate tool, as he tries to figure out where his career went after the vastly underrated Can't Hardly Wait.

No comments: