Tuesday, July 13, 2004

VH1: Only shame, no points
Thanks to their Big Kahuna Summer, I've actually had VH1 subject me to both seasons of the Surreal Life in less than 24 hours and draw me in to whatever Rachael Harris, Michael Ian Black and Hal Sparks have to say about 90210, Gerardo and Bugle Boy Jeans. Grrrreat.

I can't believe VH1 is now picking up the next edition of the Surreal Life and in the process is bringing in Jordan Knight, Flava Flav, Brigitte Nielsen, Ryan Starr and Dave Coulier. There's a bit too much of "Who is that again?" for this edition to match the previous two, which had enough kitsch-star power to move it along.

As for I Love the '90s, I'll have more of a review once I watch more than just the 1991 episode I saw after Ken Jennings appeared on Letterman. But I will say that it's nice that they're doing the music compilations for the shows, but I want the DVDs, damn it. For goodness sake, Murder She Wrote, Knight Rider, Sliders and The Munsters are all heading to DVD. When will Davis Rules, The Charmings, Out of this World and Marblehead Manor head to the shiny discs?

No comments: