Friday, January 21, 2005

From Bill Simmons' latest column:

Things have gone so poorly for Jets fans over the years, they were actually expecting something painful to happen down the stretch, just like Red Sox fans back in the day.

That pretty much sums up being a Jets fan. Actually, it helps being a Yankees fan and a Jets fan at the same time in these days -- you can't be too insufferable during baseball season because it will come back to haunt you during football season.

Oh yeah, the Elimidate-Super Bowl analogy was amusing, although it has me longing for that craptacular show that I haven't seen in a few years (and has to be a candidate for I Love the '00s -- probably 2000 or 2001).

And oh BTW, from the I Love the '90s: Part Deux shows I've seen so far, Simmons seems to be used only on sports topics and usually as the straight man. He's got more range than that; if Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen can be used on any topic, so can Simmons, right?

No comments: