Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Return of the snark
Yes, I'm eating up all of I Love the '90s Part Deux, but I'll get into some of the topics later. However, I'm always intrigued by who they pick up to do the commentary (and I'm still waiting for my chance to get on any of the talking head shows).

Yes, we have the usual suspects, but how did Juliette Lewis become a regular? Plus, it's good to have Bill Simmons on board since he damn well deserves to be on here. However, how did they convince the U.S. swim team to get snarky? (Not that I'm complaining about seeing Amanda Beard or Kaitlin Sandeno.)

One thing that both bugs me and entertains me is the use of '90s music to accompany the bits, but that many of the songs were released years after the nugget they're being snarky about. For some reason, I don't think I should be hearing Beck or Chumbawumba for stuff about the early '90s.

Other observations from the shows so far:
-- So that's what the lead singer of the Cranberries looks like without the really chopped hair.
-- Good to see DJ Jazzy Jeff getting some work.
-- How many redheads are panelists on the show, or is it just the lighting?
-- My goodness, Baby Spice has grown up nicely.

No comments: