Friday, January 14, 2005

OK, my turn
I guess I'm a tad late with the lyrics quiz thing. Or I'd like to say I'm waaaaay early since I ran a couple of lyrics quizzes on rec.games.trivia back in college (although not as regularly as Greg or Mark did back in the day) when it wasn't as easy to look up all the answers.

Anyways, here are the 20 that came off my shuffle the other day (before I loaded in my other MP3 CDs on to my iTunes library). There are five songs that are covers of well-known songs (yes, I collect plenty of covers). Those will be marked with an asterisk. I'll have the full answers up sometime next week, I guess.


1. Well the guitar player stayin’ out in hollywood and sayin’/He’s just trying to get some sleep, but everyone’s complainin'. (Cracker, "Get Off This"; Chris Hyde)
* 2. You got to roll with the punches and get to what's real. (Aztec Camera's cover of "Jump"; Greg)
3. He wears the same hat and sweater every single day/And even if it’s hot outside he wears it anyway.
4. One of us is changing or maybe we've just stopped trying. (Carole King, "It's Too Late"; Tyler)
5. Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July/And I just hit town and my throat was dry,/I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew. (Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue"; Greg)
* 6. Woman you're a mess gonna die in your sleep/There's blood on my amp and my Les Paul's beat. (Great White, "Once Bitten Twice Shy"; Chris/Matt; Ian Hunter did the original, but most people probably remember the cover.)
* 7. Roll me in designer sheets/I'll never get enough. ("Call Me" is the song, still need the cover band.)
8. Broken ice still melts in the sun/And times that are broken can often be one again. (Hall and Oates, "Out of Touch"; Brian W.)
9. Face it dude, you can't beat me/In your Charlie Brown shirt and Cavariccis.
10. The black widow and the ladies man/Met down at the laundromat and tried to make me understand.
11. The one who insists/He was first in the line/Is the last to/Remember her name.
12. Imagination, life is your creation. (Aqua, "Barbie Girl"; Miguel)
13. And if all your hopes survive/Destiny will arrive. (Olivia Newton-John, "Magic"; Greg)
14. And everything went from wrong to right/And the stars came out to fill up the sky. (Kylie Minogue, "Love at First Sight"; Miguel)
15. Checkin’ his stash by the trash at St. Mark’s Place.
* 16. No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark. (Liz Phair's cover of "Turning Japanese"; Greg)
17. Dance for me. I'll keep you overemployed.
18. Listen to me now/I'm lastin twenty rounds. (Missy Elliott, "Get Ur Freak On"; Greg)
* 19. Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book/And as crazy humans wrote it/you should take a look. (Sarah McLachlan's cover of XTC's "Dear God"; Greg)
20. Long Beach is the spot where I served my cane. (Snoop Doggy Dogg, "What's My Name?"; Tyler)

No comments: