Monday, January 17, 2005

Suck, suck, suck

Let's keep it simple on the Jets' loss: Herman Edwards turned into Marty Schottenheimer after the last Big Ben interception. Sure, you can rip into Doug Brien (like Peter King did), but it's hard to get too upset over a kicker missing a field goal over 40 yards. On the other hand, I got a tad too overconfident after the Reggie Tongue TD, which probably sealed my doom. I should've been expecting the worst, as usual, and then I would've been fine.

As for the other games, the Falcons beat the Rams sorta how I play on NCAA Football 2005. They do have a chance against the Eagles, who looked just fine against the Vikings. Of course, getting this far hasn't been an issue for Philly. Finally, I love how all the weather reports looked favorable for the Colts leading up to the game, but come Sunday, there was a winter storm warning -- and that was that.

Concerning the coverage, I was amused that Fox used a bunch of the music from Madden 2005 leading into commercials. Plus, that Fountains of Wayne ad was played a few times, but not too much for people to get sick of it.

No comments: