Monday, March 27, 2006

Sports, geography and more

A couple of sporting notes ...
-- I was stunned, like most people, to hear that an IRL driver was killed, but that he was also a fellow Medill alum. However, despite the fact that he was just a few weeks younger than me, I'd never heard of him until today and that he actually graduated two years before I did. I will say that I dug out some of my old graduation stuff, just to be sure.
-- If your bracket is going to go all to hell, might as well have just a ridiculous Cinderella do it in the process. Every year it seems like a team I pick to lose in the first round goes to the Final Four, but this is ridiculous.

And a couple of reasons why Google Maps rule:
-- The Geography of Seinfeld, which maps out a bunch of different locations from the show.
-- Jacktracker, which now adds a geographic layer into the potential plot holes on 24.

No comments: