Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm too old for this ...

So naturally I'm pretty much dead in my bracket pools after Duke and Gonzaga got bounced, both in spectacular ways. (Oh yeah, this photo is a winner.) Guess it's time to root on the Catholic schools to go all the way -- at least the Villanova-BC game should be fun for just that reason.

Other notes:
-- The Applebee's ad was seen just twice tonight, and only once during the basketball game. So I guess they've worn out their welcome.
-- Catching up on some of my DVR backlog -- Jimmie Walker is now Chris Rock's grandfather?!? Yikes!

And speaking of old, I turn 31 today. A couple of things come to mind at this birthday: I'm definitely not some newbie or junior member of groups in town. That hit home at an alumni club function this week where I definitely wasn't the youngest person there, not by a longshot, even though this event really brought in a lot of older alums to this really nice place.

I also felt slightly old a couple of weeks ago when a bunch of college kids came into the bar where I was playing trivia to celebrate one of the group's 21st birthday. I was probably a couple of steps away from pulling a Roger Murtaugh watching the kids come in.

No comments: