Saturday, March 04, 2006

The real Deal or No Deal
It looks like NBC is at least trying to pull a WWTBAM-type of oversaturation of Deal or No Deal, although it's addicting enough to stay on at least for a little bit longer -- if only because there's enough eye candy to keep things slightly interesting. However, those tie-ins with NBC shows have to go -- Molly Sims showed up in her Las Vegas character to bring Howie Mandel to Vegas (while contestants are still there).

But anyway, I think I had my own version of the game "shopping" for gas the other day. My regular station has seen the price go up 11 cents/gallon since Wednesday. That day, I passed on going there because another place that's usually more expensive actually had it 6 cents/gallon cheaper that the normal place (they quickly rectified that the next day). So in the process, I've ended up saving 17 cents/gallon playing some sort of gasoline roulette. It really has become a game in predicting when gas prices will bottom out and filling up then.

Finally, is it really safe to be nostalgic for the '90s now? I know some of the I Love the '90s panelists mocked the notion on the show itself when it aired (especially when it got to 1999), but now VH1 Classic is teasing me for another weekend with a "Smells Like the '90s" block of all '90s videos. Just think, these are all videos that would not have been allowed on the network when it first launched. Of course, when you realize Madonna's "Vogue" is 16 years old, well I suppose it does fit under the "classic" banner -- even if it is followed by Wilson Phillips or Right Said Fred.

No comments: