Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Star struck

A few bullet points before my double vacation (Chicago/Vegas) this weekend:

-- I made my "Broadway debut" (so to speak) over the weekend as one of the audience spellers at The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I pretty much thought I'd be a lock as a ringer for that part of the show, and I was the last audience member eliminated. It was weird watching half the play from the inside, but it was cool having Mo Rocca asking me to spell stuff. And there wasn't as much nervousness spelling on stage, given that I could barely see into the audience with the way the lights were and that if I wanted to take a dive on a word, I could.

-- If you're looking for content I wrote for work that isn't related to your fantasy team, here's my list of bizarre athlete product endorsements.

-- I'm not sure what it says about the NBA that I'm more excited by the draft lottery than the playoffs. And almost according to form, the Hawks keep the top three pick, but don't get one of the top two. But maybe they'll actually get a point guard this time.

-- I just got Guitar Hero 2, and let's just say that I can see how its most famous casualty could get injured playing it.

No comments: