Sunday, August 18, 2002

I've thought that the news media has gone a tad overboard in the covering of kidnappings this summer, although I guess if I had kids, I'd probably be very concerned about this as well (never mind that kidnappings are down this year this year -- when it concerns your kid, it is big news). And I'm sure that in the great struggle against obesity and the big food manufacturers and such, you'll have more paranoid parents watching the news keeping the young ones inside even more than usual.

But with that said, what in the world is up with this bizarre take on abductions. At least with bungee jumping and skydiving, it's pretty much just you doing the wild and crazy stuff. I suppose I don't have as much of a bone to pick with "extreme" sports anymore -- at least there's some decent athleticism going on there.

No comments: