Thursday, August 01, 2002

Pick your guilty pleasure ...
I know a bunch of Blind Date fans, and all of those prime time reality shows are ridiculously popular, although I've only caught onto Survivor. However, when I can remember it's on, Elimidate is my trashy show of choice. It's got the bizarro elimination/game show aspect of it, but the cattiness of the usually impossibly beautiful contestants is entertaining. However, it's a bit of a crap shoot watching it each time since I have to watch it with the four girls/one guy setup as opposed to the four guys/one girl dates, but I suppose that's a natural reaction.

Ad watch
--I always thought Empire Carpets was a Chicago-based thing, since I only ever saw the ads on WGN, usually during Cubs games. They were memorable enough because of the phone number, which had a melodic quality to it. Now I see the ads, complete with the phone number, down here in Atlanta. I guess it's spreading. Next up, more ads with that goofy Menard's guy.
--It's nice to see Jason Giambi get some TV spots now that he's with the Yankees, but it's a bit disconcerting seeing him doing a very bad deodorant commercial, especially all cleaned up and nice looking. I still remember him best for the that SI cover with the stringy hair, tattoos, goatee, etc.

No comments: