Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Potvin still sucks
Well I've discovered that I'm very bad luck for NHL coaches. First, Montreal fires Michel Therrien a few days after I see the Thrashers blank the Canadiens in Bob Hartley's debut. Now, my formerly beloved Rangers get rid of Bryan Trottier after getting swept by the Thrashers.

I'm not sure what this says, other than losing to the Thrashers is dangerous to your job security. Then again, the team has played much better under Hartley, and there's actually some feeling of hope among the die-hard fans. Yes, they do exist. I've become acquainted with a group of them the past couple of games, and then there's Thrashheart -- a fan usually dressed up as Braveheart, complete with face paint. Then again, last night he had no face paint and with his beard and long hair, he just looks like a bunch of quiz bowlers I know.

No comments: