Wednesday, March 09, 2005

If you get 30 points ... you're welcome
Been working on TRASHionals stuff, along with other things for work, which explains the lack of posts (plus the usual laziness).

Charlie has his set of "Travels With ..." bonuses, but I think I could match him based on my most bizarre set of three "celebrity" encounters in one day (especially for someone not in the entertainment business or covering the Super Bowl) ...
-- First off, while at the doctor's office for a checkup, I ended up having some tests done at the same time with S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-Fil-A.
-- Then it was off to the one encounter I knew I'd have -- watching my friend Mark win his Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions game with him and a bunch of others at a local bar. (Since the show airs at 4:30 here in Atlanta, we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.)
-- Finally, while out and about later in the evening, I stumbled across this guy, who may not look that big in the ring, but is a pretty big guy in person, which was a main reason why not to go up to him -- just let him be.

Oh yeah, this is my new desktop image at work. Too bad I only caught the last couple of holes of the showdown everyone wanted to watch.

No comments: