Thursday, March 31, 2005

Self-indulgence in a different form
Yesterday was a day of discovering my personal connections to the sports and pop cultural worlds (as tenuous as that might be).

First off, congrats to Craig for his appearance on the Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions, my second friend to show up in the competition (with at least a couple of more acquaintances to show up soon). But I'll let Craig tell the story and give away any spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

Secondly, it was good seeing the most prominent alum from my high school who didn't resign in disgrace calling the McDonald's All-American Game, which featured another fellow Falcon. The guy was a beast on the inside for the time I saw him. (And when the heck do we get 7-foot, 300-pound centers to my high school?) I guess I'll be following UConn for the next couple of years.

Oh yeah, I was just as surprised as anyone else watching the work site was advertised during the game.

No comments: