Wednesday, May 29, 2002

The hammies are still sore after yesterday's long walk. That either means I did a lot of walking or I'm woefully out of shape. Maybe a little of both. Maybe that means I'll do a little more long walking in a day or two. Speaking of walking, they say Atlanta is one of the worst cities for pedestrians. Of course, if they ever saw people trying to cross Marietta and Centennial Olympic Park Drive, they may think the opposite. Today, I saw two guys walking across the street with traffic coming at them. I know we're supposed to yield to pedestrians, but it's like they started their walk as the light turned the opposite color (which isn't unusual in downtown). Despite this, I've seen just one person -- an older Hispanic gentleman -- ever flagged for jaywalking and that's because a cop nearly ran him over. Atlanta isn't pedestrian friendly to be sure, but use some common sense, people.

No comments: