Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Playoff ramblings (yes, I'm going nuts tonight blog-wise) ...
  • The Avs can't play a series without it going seven, except this time it's very acceptable agains the Wings. It's unfortunate that it'll be going up against potential clinching games in the NBA on Friday night. Nice scheduling by everyone, geez. And especially since I'll be working Friday night, having to deal with all of these big things. For my hockey friends, this could remind me of a time my freshman year in college that a handful of us went to the now-defunct Yesterday's to watch Game 7 of Devils-Rangers Eastern Conference finals. My friends Elliott and Sanjay running around like maniacs after the Devils tied the game with seven seconds left and then me just stunned when Stephane Matteau scored the game-winner in double OT. (At the same, my friend Arnab watching the Rockets playoff game elsewhere in the restaurant.) This time I'll have two TVs on me -- one watching hoops and another watching hockey.

  • I still it find very strange that the Kings and Nets are both on the brink of the NBA Finals. Granted, the Lakers and Celtics will be on their home floors Friday night, but to think that two perennial lottery teams are this close to the finals is amazing. And maybe more impressive is that they're doing it with full-court play reminiscent of the '80s. Remember when teams regularly scored 100 points? They do.
  • No comments: